MiTek® Canada Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, comprehensive, and innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Technical Representative who installs, provides training, troubleshoots problems, and supports the MiTek SAPPHIRE Supply suite for the Lumber/Building Material Supply segment in Bradford, ON. In addition the Technical Representative acts as a liaison to the customer to provide software support and training, consultation to improve customer productivity and overall business operations using the MiTek software.
- Travel to customer sites to provide software training and support.
- Researches unsolved open software issues and provides solutions to customers.
- Responsible for researching and resolving customer support lists submitted by customers.
- When needed, works directly with Product Management and Software Development to ensure proper correction of defects and implementation of enhancements into the software.
- When needed, works directly with Technical Documentation Group to ensure features are clear and completely documented.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems, and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Submit trip reports providing a summary of the items covered during each customer visit.
- Assist with development of training materials and procedures. Trains users in the proper use of MiTek software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to examine more critical issues with the MiTek software.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
- Bachelor's Degree or four years related experience.
- Must have deep understanding of, and practical experience with, residential estimating.
- Knowledge and experience with the layout and design of Engineered Wood Products (EWP).
- 2-4 years’ experience working at a Lumber Yard/Building Material Supplier.
- Must have strong communication and customer service skills. Need to be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, while assisting customers over the phone, email and in person.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and various networking environments. Knowledge of MiTek’s SAPPHIRE technology is a plus.
- Must have the ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information. Ability to identify problems, take ownership of them and develop solutions using the tools at hand.
- Ability to interact at a high level of professionalism with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime required.
The company offers a competitive salary and a full range of employee benefits.
Please e-mail resumes to email@example.com or mail your resume with a cover letter to, Attention: Angèle Henderson, MiTek Canada, Inc., at 100 Industrial Rd, Bradford ON, L3Z 3G7. No phone calls will be accepted.
We thank all candidates in advance for their expressed interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.