Inspector, Building Hygiene and Sanitation Conditions
Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in close to 500 properties, consisting primarily in office, retail, residential and logistics real estate. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$55 billion in assets as at June 30, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers. For further information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Place Ville Marie
Position type: Salaried
The incumbent is responsible for performing various duties related to the management of the janitorial services contract and quality control with regard to services provided by suppliers for the properties within the Office,Quebecbusiness unit. He or she ensures adherence to contract specifications and undertakes the necessary initiatives to ensure clients and tenants are duly satisfied with the services they receive. He or she also collaborates with the Property Administrator, Client Relations, and other internal stakeholders as it pertains to other tenant services.
- Manage the janitorial services contract, ensure contract specifications and quality standards are met, and review invoices issued by the supplier;
- Carry out regular inspections of the property’s common areas and leasing units (including vacant spaces) and outdoor areas (entrances, esplanade, etc.); ensure the necessary corrective measures are put into place to maintain and/or improve cleanliness and environmental quality;
- Plan weekly meetings and inspections in conjunction with the service provider and the Director, Administration and Client Relations;
- Write inspection reports and forward to the supplier and PVM management team;
- Carry out sanitation inspections of food court restaurants, in conjunction with the technical services team and submit recommendations to the management team;
- Supervise indoor and outdoor window cleaning services in conjunction with the designated supplier;
- Follow up on complaints with concerned parties until a suitable resolution is reached;
- Attend management meetings and put forward recommendations to promote continuous quality improvement in janitorial services;
- Coordinate response to water damage in conjunction with the janitorial services supplier. Report to the Property Administrator, Client Relations, in order to keep tenants and technical services apprised of the situation;
- Develop, offer and coordinate additional maintenance services;
- Categorize janitorial service calls for invoicing purposes (billable/unbillable) and make sure additional services requested by tenants are billed;
- Check that the supplier picks up waste (composting, recycling, etc.) in the prescribed fashion and join in efforts to reduce the property’s carbon footprint;
- Manage the deodorizer service contract for washrooms and the electronics recycling contract (Electrobac);
- Ensure adherence to environmental standards related to LEED, BOMA BESt and other accreditation programs;
- Ensure that the supplier operates the property’s waste management rooms, including the waste management room reserved for on-site restaurants, as instructed;
- In collaboration with the Coordinator, Security, oversee training for janitorial workers and ensure they fulfill specified roles during incidents, drills, evacuations, etc.;
- Conduct an annual waste characterization study in conjunction with the waste management consultant in an effort to continuously improve performance in this regard;
- Inspect common areas and report any corrective action to the call centre;
- Inspect storefronts in the retail component of the property and notify the Property Administrator, Client Relations, of any anomalies encountered;
- Carry out all other related tasks requested by the supervisor.
- DCS in administration or another relevant discipline;
- Five to seven years of related experience in managing janitorial services contracts, ideally in a commercial real estate environment;
- Excellent spoken and written French and English;
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- People-oriented, dynamic, organized and self-motivated;
- Critical mindset and dedication to customer service;
- Initiative and creative approach to solving problems.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at : https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/58d2ac3c35f4446f8266db85/51fc022158b70066fae49fd4/en