Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in close to 500 properties, consisting primarily in office, retail, residential and logistics real estate. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$55 billion in assets as at June 30, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( http://cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For further information: http://ivanhoecambridge.com
Department: Development, Retail
Position type: Salaried
Ivanhoé Cambridge is currently redeveloping a number of properties in itsQuebecportfolio, including assets in downtownMontreal,QuebecCity andSherbrooke. Among the undertakings to be overseen by this position will be the redevelopment of the combined Complexe Les Ailes / Centre Eaton de Montréal and another retail property in the city’s downtown core, and also the redevelopment of Place Ste-Foy, Laurier Québec and Carrefour de l’Estrie properties.
The incumbent will help plan and execute designated projects, working jointly with the Vice-president, Development, and in close collaboration with various in-house teams (leasing, construction, legal affairs, finance, investment, asset management, communication, etc.). He or she will be called upon to negotiate with external development-oriented stakeholders, including municipal, provincial and federal authorities. He or she will also contribute to analyzing development opportunities and moving forward with approved projects.
Main duties include the following:
- Participate in the analysis of development and redevelopment scenarios, technical feasibility and cost-benefit analyses, and various pre-project studies, primarily in the commercial real estate sector;
- Help draft and execute a long-term business plan for redevelopment projects, in line with the organization’s strategic plan for downtown Montreal;
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to obtain the required approvals from government agencies and third parties; deliver all the project management services instrumental to each initiative;
- Oversee project management activities, including core planning, design, proformas, budgeting and scheduling;
- Hire project consultants and coordinate their work;
- Prepare and issue progress reports, negotiate with anchor tenants and obtain the required project approvals;
- Monitor budgets and schedules in accordance with the Company’s requirements;
- Help produce prospectuses for presentation to the executive committee and board of directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, urban planning or architecture, or another construction-related field;
- MBA, an asset;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of real estate and project management experience in connection with complex, large-scale development projects;
- Talent for collaborating with multidisciplinary teams;
- Solid understanding of development mechanisms, including the government approval process, feasibility studies, the preparation and analysis of proformas, budgeting, cost control, design, construction, leasing and operations;
- Keen communication skills in interacting with co-workers, joint property owners and external stakeholders (e.g., industry representatives, government authorities, community groups, retailers, consultants and other real estate specialists);
- Strong negotiator, ideally with a knack for liaising with government departments, property owners, brokers and key tenants;
- Ability to come up with out-of-the-box solutions;
- Understanding of demographic trends, particularly as they apply to the retail sector;
- Proven entrepreneurial mindset coupled with a disciplined approach to development issues, especially those related to project management and financial administration;
- Ease working within a structured environment and a hierarchical reporting framework;
- Talent for handling several projects and tasks at once;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/58d5915e35f444207d35bbff/51fc022158b70066fae49fd4/en