Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and real estate companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in nearly 800 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held approximately C$56 billion in assets as at December 31, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information : www.ivanhoecambridge.com
Position type: Salaried
The position will report directly to the General Manager of Southgate Centre. Primary responsibilities will be to ensure the entire property, both building and land is maintained to Ivanhoé Cambridge standards.
Main duties include:
- Perform daily inspections of buildings and land, ensuring the General Manager and Property Manager are kept updated on any discrepancies and the remedy;
- Monitor, measure, coach and develop direct reports, ensure adherence to policies and procedures, provide recognition, evaluate and provide feedback on performance, address performance concerns and resolve problems;
- Ensure daily inspections and progress of capital projects;
- Document and arrange for appropriate remedial work using the company purchasing/procurement guidelines;
- Keep up to date with energy management including, as it relates to tenant metering;
- Prepare, budget and execute Major Capital Expenditures;
- Prepare and execute yearly expense budgets including recoveries;
- Prepare monthly forecast, variance reports and complete year end expense accruals;
- Maintain and monitor budget control books, including controlling the purchasing of supplies;
- Track and oversee all utilities;
- In collaboration with procurement negotiate and manage all service contracts;
- Prepare purchase orders and get competitive quotes when required pursuant to the purchasing guidelines;
- Manage all aspects of sustainability, including organic waste diversion;
- Lead their team in providing the highest levels of service to all customers with whom they interact, whether internal or external, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience;
- Champion programs for increasing associate engagement, communications and people development;
- Oversee and monitor customer service levels provided and implement continuous service improvements;
- Implement improved operational processes that enhance capabilities to meet/exceed service standards;
- Ensure organizational adherence and accountability to standard operating procedures;
- Manage tenant construction together with the Tenant Coordination group;
- Work collaboratively with the Property Manager, Marketing Director and Specialty Leasing Manager.
- Post-secondary education in Operations is preferred, including courses in building services or the technical trades;
- Excellent people leadership abilities and a dedication to continuous improvement;
- Approachable, positive demeanor with a hands-on and team-oriented work style;
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and propose solutions;
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Able to adapt to shifting priorities;
- Takes initiative, is proactive in their work, and results-oriented;
- Ability to manage and adapt to change;
- Extensive experience working with budgets and understanding financial statements;
- Solid leadership, contract management and computer skills (Excel, Word, JDE and some database exposure);
- Knowledge of LEED and BOMA standards, and an environmental focus;
- Must be a resourceful team player, with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to effectively balance numerous priorities;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate proficient in the English language (verbal and written).
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5900b1d55eae8612ab03bb1a/51fc022158b70066fae49fd4/en