Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and real estate companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in nearly 800 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held approximately C$56 billion in assets as at December 31, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information : ivanhoecambridge.com
Department: Mapleview Shopping Centre
Position type: Salaried
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent is responsible for preventive/corrective maintenance on building equipment and general maintenance on interior and exterior common areas.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responding to tenant requests;
- Dealing with external contractors and building management;
- Assisting Marketing and Specialty Leasing departments with their promotions, carts and kiosks;
- Responsible for preventive/corrective maintenance on building equipment and related systems.
The working hours for this position will involve evenings, weekend and Statutory Holiday coverage.
- Post-secondary education, college or equivalent combined with a solid understanding and experience in building trades, along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably related to the shopping centre or an office building environment;
- Designated or ticketed in a trade(s) or obtained a designation like building engineer or building technician or received a diploma in Building Services or have taken numerous relevant building maintenance courses. Additional trades skills (carpentry, painting, drywall, electrical, plumbing) are required;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, well developed interpersonal and customer service skills, the ability to multitask and resolve problems independently and carry out duties with minimal supervision. Must be a team player;
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with MS Office (Excel and Word) are assets;
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s license.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/592488105347ea065dcc1a4d/51fc022158b70066fae49fd4/en