Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and real estate companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in nearly 800 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held approximately C$56 billion in assets as at December 31, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information : ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Metropolis at Metrotown
Position type: Salaried
The primary function of the General Manager position is to secure the maximum possible return over the medium to long term from Ivanhoe Cambridge’s investment, and to ensure that the property is maintained and administered at an optimal level.
The General Manager, Metropolis at Metrotown will be responsible for the management of both 1.8 million square feet of retail and400,000 square feetof office.
Specific functions include:
- Managing, and having ultimate responsibility for, the Centre’s tenant and public relations, staffing, operating budgets, operations, leasing, receivables, sales information, miscellaneous income, administration and promotional programs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leading, motivating and developing a team of direct and indirect reports; fostering a culture of excellence in customer service; overall revenue/expense budgets and major capital expenditures; and, managing the reciprocal operating and easement agreement for Towers I, II and III.
- 8+ years of industry related experience, along with a University Degree, Business major preferred;
- Must possess exceptional managerial, leadership, communication and customer service skills;
- An established track record in successfully managing large projects and a proven track record building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience working in a highly entrepreneurial environment and the personal commitment and motivation to be part of a successful team on a long-term basis;
- The ability to leverage technology as a competitive advantage;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel) are also a must, along with the ability to effectively balance multiple priorities;
- Ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts at all levels.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5936fcb1d8f497066602f68a/51fc022158b70066fae49fd4/en