Senior Director, Technical Services and Security, Office, Quebec
Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently with a long-term view to optimize risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in close to 500 properties, consisting primarily in office, retail, residential and logistics real estate. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than Cdn$55 billion in assets as at June 30, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For further information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Operations OfficeQuebec
Position type: Salaried
The incumbent is responsible for managing technical and security services for the Company’s office properties inQuebec. He or she develops the strategy and programs to manage the facilities in the office portfolio with a focus on creating value and optimizing ROI. He or she oversees operations of a technical nature, including electromechanical, architectural, preventive maintenance, security and other building-related services, for the designated properties.
Main duties include the following:
- Develop facility management and security policies and standards;
- Supervise property management directors and department heads in Quebec(electromechanical, architectural, security, plumbing, electricity, preventive maintenance and other services);
- Manage negotiations and business relationships with external property management service providers;
- Prepare operating and capital budgets and track on a monthly basis;
- Supervise and develop capital budgets for properties over a five-year horizon and ensure the required follow-up with the concerned teams;
- Work with the development team on revitalization projects and new properties;
- Collaborate with capital project teams on tenant fit-outs in the Quebecoffice portfolio and major maintenance and capital projects;
- Analyze, track and ensure strict quality control of the operations under his or her supervision for office properties, including facility management, security, electromechanical and architectural services. Promote an environmentally sound approach to the management of these operations;
- Provide supervision and oversee training and development of designated staff members. Conduct annual performance reviews and monitor progress made with respect to established goals. Ensure compliance with various collective agreements and negotiate new terms as these agreements come up for renewal, in conjunction with Human Resources;
- Convey the company’s strategic orientations and property management action plan to employees and track the progress made on an ongoing basis;
- Help develop and implement operating policies and standards for properties under his or her supervision;
- Ensure adherence to all laws, codes, regulations and by-laws regarding the safety and security of occupants and material resources;
- Update and implement emergency measures and business continuity plans and see to it that all applicable standards are met;
- Prepare, negotiate and supervise specifications for agreements with suppliers;
- Produce reports required by the administration and the asset management team;
- Draft various regular progress reports on property operations in conjunction with the accounting team and respond to incoming requests for information;
- Liaise regularly with various real estate professionals and stakeholders and stay informed of industry news and developments;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or building engineering;
- 10+ years of experience in property management or building technical services management;
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and English;
- Team spirit and commitment to continuous quality improvement;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a computerized environment;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills; self-motivated and self-directed;
- Personality compatible with the Company’s unique management style and corporate culture. Traits consistent with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s core values: transparency, integrity, customer focus, results-driven, creativity and teamwork.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/595ff95acd880a04d0a3e1c4/56460e2812497d1039d5511c/en