Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and real estate companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in nearly 800 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held approximately C$56 billion in assets as at December 31, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information : ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Operations OfficeQuebec
Position type: Salaried
The incumbent is responsible for managing technical and security services for Édifice Jacques-Parizeau, the Centre de commercial Mondial de Montréal and Maison Manuvie. He or she oversees operations of a technical nature, including electromechanical, architectural, preventive maintenance, security and other building-related services and ensures that the Company standards are maintained within all properties.
Main duties include the following:
- Analyze, track and ensure strict quality control of the operations under his or her supervision, including facility management, electromechanical and architectural services;
- Implement new operational processes and optimize existing ones to meet or exceed service standards;
- Expertly liaise with external service providers. Working with the Procurement team, prepare bids, obtain quotes, negotiate and manage designated service contracts;
- Prepare operating, purchasing and capital budgets and track on a monthly basis;
- Supervise property management department heads (electromechanical, architectural, plumbing, electricity, security, preventive maintenance, etc.);
- Supervise and oversee training and development of designated staff members. Conduct performance reviews and monitor progress made with respect to established goals;
- Lead his or her team in providing the highest levels of service to internal and external clients, with the goal of continuously improving the overall client experience;
- Administer preventive maintenance programs;
- Work closely with the various property administrators;
- Collaborate with capital project and development teams on tenant fit-outs and major maintenance, capital and revitalization projects;
- Inspect buildings and grounds on a daily basis and take the required action where necessary;
- Document and arrange for appropriate remedial work in accordance with the Company’s procurement guidelines;
- Ensure adherence to operating policies and standards in the properties under his or her purview;
- Ensure adherence to all laws, codes and by-laws regarding the safety and security of occupants, visitors and material resources;
- Promote an environmentally sound approach to the management of these operations. Ensure adherence to sustainability programs; optimize energy programs and work toward specified targets;
- Produce reports required by the senior management;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Postsecondary education in an operations-related field (courses in building services, technical trades, etc.);
- More than 5 years of experience in property management or building technical services management;
- Strong customer service mindset;
- Excellent leadership and teamwork abilities and dedication to continuous improvement;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly identify and understand issues and propose solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Ability to adapt to shifting priorities;
- Keen sense of initiative, with a results-oriented approach;
- Ability to manage and adapt to change;
- High degree of computer literacy;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5970ebdb2be8c514c8978c5a/56460e2812497d1039d5511c/en