This 24-month temporary, full-time position with the City of Hamilton is an exciting opportunity to combine your real estate experience with your honed ability to negotiate key agreements.
Reporting to the Manager, Real Estate, your duties will include negotiating the acquisition, disposal and lease of high profile, sensitive and/or complex properties in accordance with the City’s Portfolio Management Strategy. As the Property Coordinator, you will provide valuations on a wide range of real property interests, and develop strategies for the management and disposition of the property portfolio.
The following profile makes you uniquely qualified for the role of Property Coordinator:
- You have successfully completed a related university degree or community college diploma such as Urban and Regional Planning, Economics, Law, Business Administration, and/or possess an equivalent combination of considerable related experience and education.
- You are a member of, or eligible member in good standing with, the Appraisal Institute of Canada (CRA or AACI) and/or the International Right of Way Association (SRWA), or alternatively have completed the majority of the general and core course requirements and are working towards designations in one of these fields, or a combination of education and related work experience.
- You bring progressive experience in the field of Public Administration with diversified experience in various real estate roles, property valuation, real estate transactions, and portfolio management of real estate, as well as experience in dealing with the public.
- You possess progressive diversified experience in real estate appraisal and negotiations pursuant to the Expropriations Act, including administration of same.
- You demonstrate a working knowledge of various legislation affecting real property and municipal development approvals/processes, including the Expropriation Act, Planning Act and the Municipal Act.
- You bring excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a professional level with senior management, consultants, staff from across the organization, including elected officials and the public.
- You possess a valid Province of Ontario Class "G" Driver's Licence and have access to a vehicle for use on the job.
This CUPE Local 5167 Inside full-time, temporary position offers a salary range of $38.471 - $43.717 per hour (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Property Coordinator position, JOB ID #12840, and to apply online, by Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.