Bentall Kennedy, a member of the Sun Life Investment Management group of companies, is one of North America's largest real estate investment advisors. We are also Canada's largest property manager, providing comprehensive real estate services to our clients. Bentall Kennedy serves the interests of more than 550 institutional investors across office, retail, industrial, and residential properties throughout North America. As a leader in Responsible Property Investing, we are committed to best-in-class environmental, social and governance practices in developing, leasing and managing commercial real estate.
- Responsible for revenue, expenses and capital costs of the property including preparing, reviewing and operating within an approved budget; analyzes monthly financial statements for inclusion in standard management reports; ensures tenant billings, year end adjustments are accurate and completed in a timely fashion.
- Interacts and effectively communicates directly with Asset Manager / Owner Representatives on financial performance, property operations, staffing and tenant relations.
- Ensures the efficient maintenance and repair of properties that includes managing of the cleaning, snow removal, and landscape contracts etc.
- Ensures excellent tenant / owner relations through personal contact, development of tenant retention plan, and excellent customer service.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of marketing and tenant promotions
- Works cooperatively with Leasing Representative to ensure budgeted leasing projections are achieved.
- Provides team leadership for onsite staff giving clear and concise direction for overall objectives.
- Completely understands and adheres to the Environmental Policy, the Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures relevant to the position as prescribed from time to time.
- Intermediate contact for all clients on all aspects of Operations.
- Primary contact for clients on all project takeovers and project sales.
- Coordinate collection and transfer of information (takeovers).
- Review and summarize monthly operations reports.
- Develop and coordinate Operations Department procedures and duties.
- Develop and implement portfolio initiatives.
- Coordination of all annual tax appeals.
- Coordinate completion of all assignments, concessions, amendments with Lease Administration, Director of Leasing and Regional Director, Operations - East.
- Oversee legal matters involving mall and open centres.
- Coordinate updates of all mall/open centre – sales, safety/security procedures, HVAC, fire protection, roofing, paving, landscaping maintenance, etc. contracts and centralize data base for reference.
- Initiate regular meetings with Regional/Senior Managers and Leasing counterparts to discuss trouble tenancies, organizational issues etc. and report back to Regional Director, Operations – East.
- Assist in completion of management proposals for tender.
- Follow-up on management agreements, budgets with clients.
- Coordinate the budget process for the mall.
- Complete regular reviews of project rent rolls/tenancy schedules to ensure accuracy.
- Other duties as directed.
- Experience - Minimum 5+ year’s related experience in retail property management specifically managing enclosed centres (either on-site or comparable regional support role) also includes experience in leasing, maintenance, project management, and financial matters and staff management. Experience in redevelopment projects would be a strong asset.
- Education - post secondary in real estate and/or RPA or CPM designation
- Relationship/Leadership Skills - Able to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written; able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with senior management, contractors, tenants and the public; able to partner with clients to meet client needs; self-motivated, professional and flexible; able to motivate, empower and coach / counsel staff in the achievement of performance goals.
- Organizational / Multi-Task Skills - Able to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes; detail oriented.
- Decision Making Skills – Able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; able to achieve goals using a strategic approach; proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
- Computer Skills – Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft office, e-mail and working knowledge of JD Edwards accounting system beneficial.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment.