Senior Property Officer / Appraiser
This 24-month temporary, full-time position is an ideal opportunity for a certified real estate professional with expertise in real estate appraisals and transactions to play a key role with the City of Hamilton.
Reporting to the Manager, Real Estate, you will prepare market value appraisal reports for real property in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices of the Appraisal Institute of Canada, and negotiate the acquisition, disposition and lease of real property.
The following profile makes you uniquely qualified for the role of Senior Property Officer/Appraiser:
- You have developed an understanding of real estate concepts and principles normally acquired by attaining a university degree or college diploma in Business, Economics or Planning, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- You completed the program prerequisites for designation with either the International Right-of-Way Association or the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- You bring thorough knowledge of the theory and practice of negotiation, appraisal, and other general real estate concepts.
- You possess knowledge of legislation affecting real estate activities and transactions, property and municipal development approvals, and processes in a municipal government environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing, including experience communicating in a public and/or political environment.
- You demonstrate experience in a computerized environment and a working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs, such as MS Word, Access and Excel.
- You hold a valid Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence and have access to a reliable vehicle to use for corporate business.
This unionized full-time, temporary position offers a salary range of $37.242 - $42.320 per hour (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Economic Development Division in the Planning & Economic Development Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Senior Property Officer/Appraiser position, JOB ID #12842, and to apply online, by Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.