Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
Project Manager, Capital Projects
Position Type: Salaried
Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and real estate companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Founded inQuebecin 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business acrossCanada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in nearly 800 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held approximately C$56 billion in assets as at December 31, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one ofCanada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information : ivanhoecambridge.com
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Project Manager, Capital Projects will manage all aspects of the current-year major capital budget projects, as well as participating in the direction of the long-term capital project planning process. The position will provide assistance to the Operations Manager and the Operations group on a whole.
- Act as the project manager for the planning and execution of approved capital expenditures and major repair projects, as well as being responsible for directing the company responsibilities on any larger tenant managed projects;
- Proactively manages budget, schedule and quality control parameters of projects exceeding $1,000,000. Responsible to track changes in project scope, including the identification of potential crises and development of contingency plans. completion of status reports and variance reports;
- Assist the Operations Manager in the preparation of the annual capital expenditure budget and long-term capital project plan. Work with Operations Manager to prepare capital plans for equipment replacements Complete reports for major capital program in Unifier;
- Assist in recommending appropriate course of action annually with respect to professional building condition survey for roof, parking lot, parking structure, vertical transportation, HVAC, electrical systems and exterior wall finish systems;
- Perform inspections and track project progress;
- Complete all forms and contracts and manage all archive files and shared drive information;
- Provides support to TC on major tenant build out and renovation - Review mechanical and electrical drawings to make sure they meet building design and provide information and feedback to Tenant consultants and contractors;
- Liaise with management team and project managers; prepare and offer training and coaching to the management teams and other departments of the company;
- Work with corporate team members to roll out property-level operational initiatives;
- Provide Operational support during vacations.
- Have a certification in project management, building operations, building mechanics or other training deemed relevant;
- Between 5-7 years of project management experience;
- Thorough knowledge in commercial or office real estate and its related building systems;
- Excellent ability to interact with the various stakeholders in the field, including service providers, contractors, tenants, customers, and corporate colleagues;
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure, in a dynamic environment, managing multiple projects at a time, and meeting tight deadlines, such as managing multiple project budgets, budget planning and major repairs;
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, JDE and database concepts);
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of LEED and BOMA standards, environmentally oriented;
- Ability to work in, and lead, a team, have a marked propensity for customer service and know how to prioritize the many tasks to be accomplished;
- Proficiency in oral and written communications.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, inCanadaor elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks ofCanada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5a819df95a6d7c0426029fb3/56460e2812497d1039d5511c/en