Public sector real estate is your strength and you’re ready to make your mark as a professional in Hamilton – the most dynamic growth area in the GTHA. The City has two (2) permanent, full-time positions offering an opportunity to create, engage and progress together.
Reporting to the Manager, Real Estate, you will capably and confidently:
- Negotiate real estate transactions on a wide range of real property interests (acquisition, disposal, lease/licence, easement, etc.), in accordance with the City’s Portfolio Management Strategy;
- Draft Council, committee, and Delegated Authority reports;
- Provide advice and support on potentially controversial and complex initiatives;
- Correspond and communicate (verbally, in writing, via presentations) with members of Council, City executive and committees, consultants, and the general public;
- Analyze and develop strategies to optimize returns on the sale, lease or management of City property for long-term or immediate real estate requirements;
- Co-ordinate procurement of environmental, appraisal, planning or engineering reports or studies;
- Protect City assets and resolve encroachment or title issues, and prepare and administer ancillary real estate requests such as Authority to Enter agreements, covenant releases, easement abandonments, etc.
The following profile makes you uniquely qualified for the role of Property Coordinator:
- You have successfully completed a university degree or community college diploma in a related discipline such as Urban and Regional Planning, Economics, Law, or Business Administration, and/or possess an equivalent combination of considerable related experience and education.
- You are a member in good standing with, or eligible to become a member of, the Appraisal Institute of Canada (CRA or AACI) and/or the International Right of Way Association (SRWA), or have completed the majority of the general and core course requirements and are working towards a designation in one of these fields, or have a combination of education and related work experience.
- You bring progressive experience in the field of Public Administration with diversified experience in various real estate roles, including property valuation, real estate transactions, and portfolio management of real estate, as well as experience in dealing with the public.
- You possess progressive diversified experience in real estate appraisals and negotiations pursuant to the Expropriations Act, including administration of same.
- You demonstrate a working knowledge of a variety of legislation affecting real property and municipal development approvals and processes, including the Expropriations Act, the Planning Act and the Municipal Act.
- You bring excellent interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a professional level with senior management, consultants, staff from across the organization, including elected officials, and the public.
- You hold a valid Province of Ontario Class "G" Driver's Licence and have access to a vehicle for use on the job.
These unionized permanent, full-time positions offer a salary range of $71,416 to $81,155 per annum (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
Hamilton. A city of progress.
At the City of Hamilton, our vision is “to be the best place to raise a child and age successfully.” With our rich history, culturally strong and diverse communities, blend of urban and rural attractions, and ideal location in the heart of the Golden Horseshoe, Hamilton is a vibrant community of neighbours. We are also a leading employer, with many opportunities to grow and excel. We invite you to share in our vision as part of the Economic Development Division inthe Planning & Economic Development Department.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on these Property Coordinator positions, JOB ID #13909, and to apply online, by Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.