Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
Position type : Salaried
Location: Tsawwassen, British Columbia
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Position type : Salaried
The Operations Supervisor's primary responsibility will be to provide assistance and support to the centre’s Operations Manager and General Manager in the day to day operations of the shopping centre. The Operations Supervisor will provide day to day leadership to the site Building Services (maintenance) staff and supervise all site third party contractors and maximize contractor performance.
- Supervise the BST staff and all site operations contractors, including HVAC, security, janitorial, and snow removal;
- Assist with the preparation of Operations department reports;
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance throughout the site;
- Maintains facility systems and equipment using the Preventive Maintenance Program: operating and testing systems/equipment, repairing or replacing faulty or inoperative components/parts, and by scheduling 3rd party contractors;
- Assist with the preparation and control of the operations and capital budgets;
- Maintain purchase order system and initiate purchases and work orders;
- Assist and support the Operations Manager, General Manager, or other managers as needed with tenant relations and optimizing customer service;
- Follow up with tenants regarding special requests or needs;
- Collaborate with tenant coordinator and coordinate tenant construction activities on site;
- Assist Specialty Leasing as needed;
- Assist Marketing with special event set up, signage,etc.;
- Maintain daily communication with the centre administration staff for operations activities;
- Respond to emergency calls as required.
- Diploma of collegial studies in Building System Engineering Technology is preferred;
- Minimum five years practical, hands-on experience and working knowledge in the maintenance/mechanical field;
- Knowledge of general maintenance and of building systems;
- Working knowledge of various automated building management systems;
- Well-rounded working knowledge of heating/air conditioning units (HVAC), electrical and plumbing systems;
- Must work within the parameters of a LEED certified building with a focus on “green” operations;
- Capacity to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings;
- Computer skills required (MS Office suite);
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems would be an asset;
- Strong leadership, management and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and experience working with the public;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Must have a valid BC Drivers License;
- Position will require weekend and statutory holiday work;
- For career advancement and growth, the ability to transfer between Ivanhoé Cambridge properties is ideal.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5dc480861a23e80d90e3fb4a/56460e2812497d1039d5511c/en