Permanent, full-time position – Hamilton, ON
Public sector real estate is among your strengths and you’re ready to make your mark as a professional in the City of Hamilton – the most dynamic growth area in the GTHA. This is an exciting opportunity to create, engage and progress together.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Real Estate, you’ll capably and confidently negotiate the acquisition, disposal and lease of high-profile, sensitive and/or complex properties in accordance with the City’s Portfolio Management Strategy. This will include a variety of interests in land such as licences/leases, easements, and other types of contractual covenants.
As a Property Coordinator, you’ll be called upon to attend Committee and Council Meetings, liaise with relevant staff (Planning, Engineering) and associated consultants to resolve issues, and provide advice to client City departments on the progress of negotiations, and on real estate policies and procedures.
The following profile makes you uniquely qualified for the role of Property Coordinator:
- You have successfully completed a university degree or community college diploma in a related discipline such as Urban and Regional Planning, Economics, Law, or Business Administration, and/or possess an equivalent combination of considerable related experience and education.
- You are a member in good standing with, or eligible to become a member of, the Appraisal Institute of Canada (CRA or AACI) and/or the International Right of Way Association (SRWA), or have completed the majority of the general and core course requirements and are working towards a designation in one of these fields, or have a combination of education and related work experience.
- You bring progressive experience in the field of public administration, with diversified experience in real estate appraisal, property valuation, acquisition and management of real estate, as well as experience in dealing with the public.
- You possess progressive diversified experience in real estate appraisals and negotiations pursuant to the Expropriations Act, including administration of same.
- You have a working knowledge of various Provincial statutes, including the Expropriation Act, the Planning Act and the Municipal Act.
- You are knowledgeable about legislation affecting real property and municipal development approvals and processes.
- You have demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at a professional level with senior management, consultants, staff from across the organization, including elected officials, and the public.
- Your interpersonal skills are excellent and you can express ideas effectively, orally, in writing and through formal presentations.
- You hold a valid Class "G" Driver’s Licence (proof thereof is required after hire), and have access to a personal vehicle for use on the job.
This CUPE Local 5167 permanent, full-time position offers a wage range of $41.153 to $46.765 per hour (based on a 35-hour work week schedule).
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged, empowered employees. Help us #BeTheReason the entire country is talking about Hamilton, and achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
For full details and to apply
If you are interested in working alongside a dedicated team that’s contributing to the well-being of Hamilton’s residents, please visit www.hamilton.ca/careers for details on this Property Coordinator position, JOB ID #16618, and to apply online, by Wednesday, February 3, 2021.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
The City of Hamilton values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. We thank all who have applied; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
More search results
Advisor, Corporate Social Responsibility
Legal Assistant - Real Estate
Linds & Associates
Real Estate Agent or Associate Real Estate Agent