Property Administrator (Industrial)
Dream is looking for a Property Administrator.
Dream is always looking for the best and brightest to join its thriving community. Dream Industrial REIT is currently searching for a Property Administrator who will report to the Property Manager in our Mississauga location.
Who are you?
There’s a lot happening at Dream, and it’s happening fast. Are you a team player with well-developed organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines? Do you have strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
Through your 3+ years of experience in an administrative role, you’ve proven that you’re able to anticipate client needs, and then deliver on your commitments in a timely manner.
You’re a people-person, able to express yourself articulately thanks to your excellent verbal and written communication skills. When it’s practical to do so, you support your team by thinking outside the box to develop new ideas to get the job done efficiently. You’re also a self-starter, with the ability to work well independently when needed.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and have fun. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- Provide analytical & administrative support to Property Manager(s), manage property portfolio: accounts receivable, banking & reporting requirements;
- Billing, monitoring, collection of tenant accounts receivables on behalf of the Manager;
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of tenant chargeback invoices, including the timely entry into the accounting system;
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly tenant billings through the monthly rent roll reconciliations and rent rolls processing;
- Application of receipts to tenant accounts & preparation of daily bank deposits on a timely and accurate basis (same day deposit and application of rentals);
- Process monthly payables for building utilities;
- Monitor utility accounts and premises meters; coordinate transfer of same to occupying tenants;
- Initiate in a timely manner, the tenant welcome letters to new tenants advising of monthly payments;
- Prepare annual pre-billing letters to tenants and process the annual recovery adjustments to tenants;
- Reconciliation of G/L accounts in conjunction with direction from the Property Accountants; and
- Prepare and ensure delivery of notices/correspondence to the property as needed.
- Assist Property Manager with annual budget process and special Ad-hoc assignments/ projects, as required.
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
- Minimum 3+ years general administration experience in a property management environment preferred;
- Industrial property management experience an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to build strong relationships and provide excellent customer service;
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting process; and
- JD Edwards system exposure or experience an asset.
Who are we?
Dream Industrial REIT is an unincorporated, open-ended real estate investment trust. As at December 31, 2020, Dream Industrial REIT owns and operates a portfolio of 177 industrial assets (271 properties) comprising approximately 27.3 million square feet of gross leasable area in key markets across North America and a growing presence in strong European industrial markets. Dream Industrial REIT’s objective is to continue to grow and upgrade the quality of its portfolio and to provide attractive overall returns to its unitholders.
Dream is a leading developer of exceptional office and residential assets in Toronto, owns stabilized income generating assets in both Canada and the U.S., and has an established and successful asset management business, inclusive of $10 billion of assets under management across three Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") listed trusts and numerous partnerships. We also develop land and residential assets in Western Canada.
Thanks for reading all the way through! We can’t wait to meet you.
Dream Unlimited is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.
More search results
Assistant Property Manager
Law Clerk - Real Estate Job
real estate secretary
PROSTAFF Employment Solutions
Senior Property Manager, Moncton, NB
Killam Apartment REIT
Commercial Real Estate - Sales Representative
RDH Group | Royal LePage Commercial