Menkes Developments Ltd. is an award-winning, fully integrated real estate company involved in the construction, ownership and management of office, industrial, retail and residential properties. Founded in 1954, the company is one of the largest private developers in Canada, with a primary focus in the Greater Toronto Area. Menkes is known for its innovative, multi-disciplinary approach and superior design, and is highly regarded as one of the most trusted builders in Toronto, with a strong reputation for quality and customer service excellence. For more information about Menkes, please visit menkes.com and follow us @MenkesLife.
ABOUT THE JOb: We are currently seeking candidates in the capacity of Senior Building Operator based at our property management office at 100 Queens Quay. The primary role of the Senior Building Operator is to support the optimum operations of the property through close collaboration with other building service personnel, contractors, consultants, management and tenants.
RESPONSIBILITIES: On a day-to-day basis, the key responsibilities of the Senior Building Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure proper and efficient operation of all building systems, ensure all equipment and device are operated, inspected, repaired, and modified in an effective manner.
- Monitor tenant construction and capital projects to ensure base building systems are not altered or damaged and that building codes are followed by contractors working at the property.
- Liaise with consultants and supervise outside contractors to ensure compliance with building rules and regulations; assist and monitor contractors as required.
- Provide a continuous “on-line” operation of all building systems during normal working hours and schedule any major overhauls, etc., to off-hours, holidays or weekends.
- Complete maintenance and repairs as required; including, but not limited to filter replacement, lamp replacement, plumbing repair work, belts and small motor replacements, doors & locks etc.
- Conduct regular interior, exterior and roof inspections of properties for damage and perform or arrange repairs.
- Prepare and submit operational reports monthly including logging and monitoring all meter readings and administering usage.
- Maintain professional image of department with internal and external customers.
- Assist with the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) specific to the activities necessary to complete tasks in accordance with company policies and industry regulations for safe operations.
- Develop Method of Procedure for work (MOP) carried out by building operation staff also review contractor procedures for work performed on site.
- Perform preventative maintenance program inspections and tasks and ensure all data required is entered.
- Respond to tenant requests, take corrective measures in completing tenant work orders as assigned and ensure proper completion.
- Complete all required energy monitoring and actively trend energy efficiency and sustainability aspects to the building.
- Maintain inventory for filters, fuses, lamps, ballasts, plumbing supplies, mechanical and HVAC parts.
- Ensure Fire Safety Equipment complies with Fire Code and that fire safety procedures are followed on an annual basis.
- Inspect & test fire protection equipment & systems at recommended intervals for proper operation in order to meet legislative requirements and ensure tenant and customer safety;
- Operate the computerized environmental, lighting and control systems.
- Supervise shift operators to ensure that all tasks are being performed in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in the technical training and mentoring of junior operator
- Maintain a shift schedule as directed while being available as required on a call-in basis.
- Respond to all alarms and determine the cause and take appropriate actions as necessary.
- Communicate, health, safety and environmental concerns that affect staff, tenants and the public to the appropriate parties in a timely manner in order to limit exposure to liability and loss;
- Maintain a list of up to date and accurate emergency contact information and regularly review the procedures for life safety, emergency response and the fire safety plan;
QUALIFICATIONS: To succeed, candidates must possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- 5+ years of direct experience in the Building Operations field, with an emphasis on Class ‘A’ and above office buildings.
- First Class Building Operator /Building Environmental System (BES) Operator Class I & II
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Ontario)
- Completion of training in WHMIS, lockout/tagout, first aid and fall arrest
- Solid experience with micro processing computerized Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Hands-on, working knowledge and experience in the operation of all building systems and equipment, including but not limited to, HVAC, security, life & safety, plumbing and electrical, in a safe and efficient manner at all times
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Capable of taking initiative and making recommendations
- A customer-centric attitude and focus
- Proficient in various computer software and systems (Windows, Word, Excel, e-mail, card access, DDC Systems)
- The ability to work all hours required to provide sufficient building coverage & available on an on-call basis after hours.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader!
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com and in the subject line please include the name of the position and quote Ref #[2021-433] We thank all applicants for considering Menkes Developments Ltd. as an Employer of Choice, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Regional Director, Infrastructure – Kitikmeot/ Di…
Government of Nunavut
Senior Project Manager - Real Estate, Facilities,…
Real Estate Program Manager
Real Estate Program Manager
Client Relationship Manager, Real Estate Banking …