Leader, Downtown Investments
- City of Calgary
- 800 Macleod Trail S.E. Calgary, AB
- $91,425 - $140,027 per annum
- Job Category
- Real Estate
- Job Type
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
Reporting to the Manager of Investment and Marketing, this position works with the Downtown Strategy (DTS) Management Team to create high level strategies and execute upon tactical plans to advance the Downtown Strategy business model. This position will lead execution plans to support implementation of the Greater Downtown Plan and utilize public investment dollars committed by Council to leverage additional private investment.
As a member of the Downtown Strategy Leadership Team, you will be expected to foster an inclusive leadership approach that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion, as well as psychological and physical safety. As a leader in program delivery, you will possess political acumen and have experience in leading transformational change and enabling innovation. Primary duties include:
- Lead the creation and development of future phases of the office conversion incentive program by analyzing information on emerging issues, industry trends and innovations by working across the corporation, industry and other levels of government.
- Track downtown development and placemaking industry trends within major cities in Canada and the US. Conduct scenario/opportunity analysis, identify business threats, look for strategic solutions and develop action plans with key performance metrics for use in strategic planning.
- Lead all aspects of future incentive program development and execution management by determining scope, engaging partners and assembling and leading project teams to report back to Downtown Strategy Management and Council.
- Lead the review of applicant submissions through support of financial analysis, legal agreement negotiation, applicant/project due diligence.
- Monitor and support the adherence to funding agreement terms and conditions (e.g. milestones, reporting, potential defaults); consulting with the Law Department as needed.
- Provide leadership to DTS on special projects; assist with project management; team organization and project planning. Liaise with key external community partners on special projects and coordination of activities.
- Build strong collaborative relationships across departments, business units, program applicants and approved recipients, community partners and with members of Council.
- Provide supervision and leadership to the Downtown Investments team, including recruitment, employee development and performance management.
- A degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, Management, Law, Economics or a related field, with at least 5 years of progressively more senior and diverse work experience, including at least 3 years’ experience leading and supervising a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Teams) is required.
- Success in this role will be dependent on:
- Your ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with participants at all levels of the organization that are based on integrity and trust.
- A process and project management mindset that is focused on concrete actions, outcomes, and value.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills to analyze issues and data in order to develop plans, frameworks, and actions to achieve outcomes.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with the ability to influence others and build consensus and ability to handle and implement change.
Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Business Unit: Downtown Strategy
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Compensation: Level F $91,425 - $140,027 per annum
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day
work week earning 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: March 24, 2023
Job ID #: 307196
More search results
Real Estate Coordinator (Asset Management)
Urban Planning Intern - Buildings - Summer 2024 (…
Equity Research Associate, Real Estate & REITs - …
Senior Analyst, Global Real Estate Financial Oper…
Manager, Commercial and Real Estate Support Servi…