Workspace Designer / Project Manager
Workspace Designer / Project Manager
Are you an enthusiastic accommodation professional with demonstrated project and service management skills? Do you have experience juggling multiple priorities while implementing change?
Then consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Transportation's Corporate Business Services Branch.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• Develop the annual and multi-year enterprise-wide workspace plan to meet the province-wide accommodation requirements for the Ministry of Transportation
• Lead workspace planning, design and development projects and property-related initiatives
• Design of workspaces across the province to ensure consistency of workspaces and adherence to government workspace allocation and design directives and standards
• Researches, reviews and analyzes current trends, business process solutions, and best practices in workspace design and planning to provide workspace 'state of the art' design
• Consults with client management to identify current and future business needs and priorities
• Provides project management for the delivery of concurrent major ministry accommodation design and planning projects, including workspace renovation, refurbishment, repurposing, and expansion of diverse office facilities
• Manages the monitoring and evaluation of workspace projects for workspace design excellence, timing, quality and cost control
Note: While this position is located in St. Catharine's, regular travel of 1-2 days a week to Toronto (Downsview office) will be expected.
How do I qualify?
Workspace Planning and Project Management
• You have experience developing corporate workspace planning policies, procedures and processes to support long-term space planning and short-term workspace requests.
• You have played a lead role in the delivery of concurrent major accommodation design and planning projects, including workspace renovation, refurbishment, repurposing, and expansion of diverse office facilities.
• You have proven leadership skills in order to providing guidance and technical advice to multi-disciplinary project teams, service providers and contractors while ensuring the overall strategic, business and operational planning initiatives are adhered to.
• You have managed, monitored and evaluated workspace projects in order to resolves contractor compliance issues, approve project expenditure payments are within authorization limits, and for quality control.
Consultation, Advisory and Relationship Management Skills
• You are able to develops and manage relationships with clients related to accommodation design and project management plans and to ensure client satisfaction and to confirm satisfactory adherence to project contracts/plans and ministry directives and standards.
• You have consulted and negotiated with clients and contractors to coordinate, review, assess and ensure project work plans/schedules meet and to confirm satisfactory adherence to project contracts/plans, directives and standards. And ongoing client requirements and overall objectives throughout the duration of projects and leads the resolution of project delivery issues.
• You are able to provide strategic advice, briefings and recommendations senior management and executives on workspace design, planning and issues management strategies.
Analytical and Issues Management
• You are able to identify and analyzes workspace design and planning issues, gaps and risks, and develop recommendation options.
• You have the ability to prepare business cases, briefing notes, space design reports, space plans, position papers, and correspondence in order to address controversial and sensitive space design and planning issues and opportunities.
• You have the ability to identify and analyzes strategic issues which could impact the ministry's accommodation program and develops strategies/recommendations to address issues resulting in improved use of space and reduced overall accommodation cost.
Salary Range: $65,401 - $94,239 per year
- 2 Permanent, 301 St Paul St, St Catharines, West Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, May 24, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 122931 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.