Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
Position type: Salaried
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as at December 31st , 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers.
For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Guildford Town Centre
Position type: Salaried
The position will report directly to the General Manager, Guildford Town Centre. Primary responsibilities will be to ensure the entire property, both buildings and land, is maintained to Ivanhoé Cambridge standards.
Main duties include:
- Perform daily inspections of buildings and land, ensuring the General Manager is kept updated on any discrepancies and the remedy;
- Monitor, measure, coach and develop direct reports, ensure adherence to policies and procedures, provide recognition, evaluate and provide feedback on performance, address performance concerns and resolve problems;
- Document and arrange for appropriate remedial work using the company purchasing/procurement guidelines;
- Prepare and execute yearly expense budgets, including recoveries;
- In collaboration with procurement negotiate and manage all service contracts;
- Oversee the budgeting and management of all operations contracts;
- Liaise with corporate and on-site 3rd party key contractors (security and maintenance);
- Develop and manage Major Capital Expenditures program;
- Prepare monthly forecast, variance reports and complete year end expense accruals;
- Maintain and monitor budget control books, including controlling the purchasing of supplies;
- Develop and manage energy management program;
- Manage, oversee and approve all utilities expenses;
- Contribute to all areas of risk management including management of fire and life safety systems;
- Develop and manage all aspects of sustainability, including recycling program, organic waste and diversion targets set for the property;
- Identify improvements to the environmental and sustainability program including benefit analysis, costing, potential rebates and budget requirements;
- Prepare purchase orders and get competitive quotes when required pursuant to the purchasing guidelines;
- Lead their team in providing the highest levels of service to all customers with whom they interact, whether internal or external, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience;
- Champion programs for increasing employment engagement, communications and people development;
- Oversee and monitor customer service levels provided and implements continuous service improvements;
- Implements improved operational processes that enhance capabilities to meet/exceed service standards;
- Ensures organizational adherence and accountability to standard operating procedures;
- Oversee all health and safety requirements;
- Manage tenant construction together with the Tenant Coordination team.
- Excellent people leadership abilities and a dedication to continuous improvement;
- Approachable, positive demeanor with a hands-on and team-oriented work style;
- Post-secondary education is required. Courses in building services, the technical trades or equivalent work experience will also be considered;
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in Operations or Facilities Management;
- Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) designation is an asset;
- Ability to apply successful initiatives utilising up-to-date industry technologies;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to quickly understand and identify issues and propose solutions;
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Able to adapt to shifting priorities;
- Takes initiative, is proactive in their work, and results-oriented;
- Ability to manage and adapt to change;
- Extensive experience working with budgets and understanding financial statements;
- Solid contract management experience and computer skills (Excel, Word, JDE and some database exposure);
- Knowledge of LEED and BOMA standards, and an environmental focus;
- Must be a resourceful team player, with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to effectively balance numerous priorities;
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate proficiently in the English language (verbal and written).
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5ce5c241d89947135e77c3e1/56460e2812497d1039d5511c/en