Team Leader, Real Property Management
- Defence Construction Canada
- Wainwright - Denwood (Alberta)
- $75,867 - $98,629
- Job Category
- Development - Construction, Facilities Management, Property Management
- Job Type
The Team Leader, Real Property Management supervises a team of four engineers and technicians who oversee infrastructure and facility maintenance contracts, service contracts, and facility operations contracts. These contracts are related to infrastructure and environment support for the Canadian Armed Forces and the Department of National Defence at the Wainwright Garrison in Wainwright, Alberta, in a campus-style setting. The total value of the maintenance program is $12,000,000, with contracts valued at up to $2,500,000 each. Typical contracts include water treatment plant operations, janitorial and waste removal services, general construction, fire and life-safety systems inspection and repair, mechanical and electrical services. The team meets with user groups to plan maintenance requirements, prepare contract documents prior to tender, and then manage contracts after award. They also respond to immediate infrastructure maintenance requirements with contracted solutions.
The Team Leader, Real Property Management, provides complex real property management services to support the delivery of the Client-Partners’ real property projects and programs. The incumbent manages and administers complex facility management contracts to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. The incumbent also engages in daily discussions and negotiations with contractors and Client-Partner representatives about quality of work, interpretation of contract documents, changes to contract scope, review of progress claims, and other issues. The incumbent manages a team of professionals and manages the human resources responsibilities for the team. The incumbent also manages the Client-Partner relationship. The incumbent develops creative solutions and ensures that the team is focused on collaboration, and the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Complete complex real property project work (e.g. real property studies and asset assessments, facility reviews, lease and land acquisition guidance, technical reviews, strategic plans, development plans)
- Research, analyze and develop major policies, standards, directives and performance indicators
- Coordinate, assess and report on real property performance indicators
- Generate facility management or infrastructure statements of operational requirements, prepare business cases and conduct investigations, as required
- Develop real property training programs, Real Property Management Framework, organizational change management options analysis and Master Real Property Development Plan synopsis documents
- Provide contract administration and management services (e.g. ensuring contract documents conform to maintenance service delivery requirement) and managing service providers, including consultants and contractors, to ensure facility management services are delivered according to Client-Partner requirements and contractual obligations
- Oversee support to maintenance programs to ensure building and building systems remain operational, including identifying maintenance and repair requirements, measuring contractor performance, reviewing computerized maintenance management system data and reports, determining damage responsibility, and preparing estimates and of technical reports
- Manage service level arrangements
- Promote and manage business development opportunities
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within DCC, and with industry, the Client-Partners and/or stakeholders.
- Ensure quality standards are met, in line with corporate and Client-Partner expectations
- Manage risk
- Perform human resources functions (e.g. coach, supervise, mentor, plan and allocate resources, manage performance)
- Prepare monthly reports (e.g. internal and for the Client-Partners)
- Other duties as assigned
General and Specific Knowledge
- Best practices, methods, trends and legislation in real property, land use, facility management and maintenance
- Maintenance planning and assessment
- Building Information Modelling and Computer-Aided Design (BIM/CAD) is an asset
- Project and risk management principles
Formal Education and/or Certification(s) and Experience
- Minimum: college diploma in land use, engineering, architecture, facility/property management, business or related field with five years’ relevant experience, or the equivalent
- Preferred: university degree in one of the above fields and/or additional training in project management
- Use applicable computer software and operating systems
- Apply project and risk management techniques
- Demonstrate leadership and human resources management skills
Development and Leadership
- Lead and manage direct reports
- Provide functional direction and advice to other employees and the Client-Partners
- Typical office environment with occasional travel
- Some work may be located on construction sites; incumbent may occasionally be required to wear basic safety equipment
Defence Construction Canada (DCC) is a Crown corporation that provides innovative and cost-effective contracting, construction contract management, infrastructure and environmental services, and lifecycle support for Canada's defence requirements.
Consider a career at DCC
A career at DCC will give you the chance to learn, excel and engage in exciting and meaningful work in the fields of engineering, environmental science and infrastructure services.
Our organization is big enough to take on multi-million dollar projects but small enough to deliver personal service.
Our mission, your opportunity
All DCC employees can make a difference—by supporting Canada’s troops and contributing to the defence of the country.
Please submit your application online at: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DEFENCECONSTRUCTIONCANADA&cws=1&rid=2945
More search results
Manager, Building Operations & Services
Univeristy of Toronto
Commercial Real Estate Business Development Profe…
Real Estate Sales Associate
Royal LePage ProAlliance Realty- Picton
Real Estate Sales Associate
Royal LePage Maximum Realty- Islington
Real Estate Sales Associate
Royal LePage Your Community Realty - Thornhill