Assistant Property Manager
Assistant Property Manager Commercial Office
North York, Ontario
Full-time, Negotiable Salary + Benefits
We are currently working with our client, an asset management firm involved in the management of Commercial office. This role is located in North York in a Class A high-rise. It also has an additional two buildings close by that are mid rise office buildings. They are one of the most successful and well-respected firms in the industry.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Creates an innovative management plan including operating and capital replacement budget for each property.
- Responsible for accounts receivable collections including recommendations for course of action of delinquent tenants.
- Organizes the operation of each property to produce expected results, meet budget targets, profit goals and expected service and performance levels
- Implements and administers the day-to-day implementation of a standard operating procedural manual for each property.
- Analyzes the operating results of each property in relationship to its plan and makes recommendations for adjustments to the plan as needed; personally inspects the interior and exterior of each assigned project; prepares detailed recommendations for physical repairs and/or replacement as required.
- Completes all additional reporting and other duties as requested by management, the owner and approved by his/her supervisor.
- Keeps owners and/or corporate officers advised of operational challenges and deviations from the management plan by presenting findings and suggesting a recommended course of action to rectify the problem.
- Responsible for regular communication and meetings with clients to ensure client expectations are being met and/or exceeded.
- Oversees collection of income and the management of expenses.
- Selects, trains, councils and motivates on-site personnel, Property Administrator and other employees.
- Establishes performance goals for the on-site managers and other supervisory personnel.
- Provides guidance and direction to on-site personnel who have the responsibility for the day-to-day operation of each property under his/her supervision.
- University Degree or College Diploma.
- 3-5 years experience in managing properties.
- Training in property management or related discipline.
- General construction and maintenance understanding.