Senior Property Manager
- Dream Office Management Corp.
- Toronto, Ontario
- Job Category
- Property Management
- Job Type
Dream is looking for a Senior Property Manager
We are always looking for the best and brightest to join our thriving community. Dream’s Toronto Property Management team is currently looking for a Senior Property Manager with experience in commercial property management with a focus on leading a team.
Who are you?
There’s a lot happening at Dream, and it’s happening fast. Are you passionate, dedicated, and a true leader? Do you love working with people? If so, read on. We want to hear from you.
Over the 5+ years you’ve worked in commercial property management you’ve proven that you are not afraid to think outside the box to find the best approach to achieve results. You are proactive, leading by example rather than sitting back. You consider the bigger picture when focusing on new initiatives and you thrive on driving improvement and efficiency.
We want to bring on someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and have fun. In other words, we want you to fit in here. This is an opportunity for you to take on responsibilities, build on your already strong skill set and help your team achieve its goals, all in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
• Accountable for all aspects of the daily Property Management Operations including but not limited to Building Operations, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tenant Relations and Financial Accountability;
• Establish short and long term goals and objectives for the assets within the portfolio, in alignment with the corporate vision and direction;
• Solid critical thinking utilizing logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to all problems and opportunities and make recommendations for next steps based on experience;
• Supervising the development of high quality on-site teams (internal and external) through the implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation and development programs;
• Perform employee performance reviews on an annual basis, setting clear objectives, directives, providing guidance and feedback continually throughout the year;
• Developing and establishing tenant relationships, systems, policies, procedures and tenant programs;
• Understand the importance of customer (tenant) service; pro-actively communicate with Tenants and strive to quickly resolve issues
• Ability to review, interpret and negotiate external contracts to ensure terms and conditions are in the best interest of Dream;
• Capacity to prepare, review and award tender and contract documents;
• Develop and recommend annual operating and capital budgets and manage both within approved guidelines;
• Provide accurate, timely and comprehensive financial and operational reports;
• Ensure compliance with all property legislation and regulation are within governance requirements of Dream;
• The ability to develop strong working relationships with all disciplines within the organization;
• Collaborate with Leasing to develop and implement a solid team, based on the development and building of strong tenant relationships, ensuring a high rate of tenant retention;
• Assist the Asset Management Team with review of Assets projected for acquisition or disposition;
• Implement and maintain “Green” environmental initiatives, policies and procedures for all properties in accordance with “BOMA BEST or LEED Standards”;
• Additional responsibilities and portfolio revisions as directed.
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial property management, financial analysis, lease interpretation and maintaining strong internal controls;
• Knowledge of building construction, ability to review building specifications and drawings, oversee landlord and tenant work in accordance with the Lease documentation;
• A pragmatic, enterprising, motivated and resilient personality with an ability to execute a wide variety of projects in dynamic, intricate environments; the ability to manage multiple priorities and adhere to strict deadlines;
• High standards of business and personal ethical conduct in line with that of Dream corporate policies;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and JD Edwards;
• Designation requirement: RPA, CPM or Real Estate License.
• Adapt well to change and be energized by the evolving demands of Dream.