Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Oshawa Centre
Position type: Salaried
The primary functions of this position:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the shopping centre and liaise with the General Manager on a regular basis;
- Perform the duties and role of GM in the GM’s absence.
Specific functions include:
- Responsible for the timely collection of receivables, customer service, tenant and public relations, community involvement, security and insurance issues, health and safety co-chair;
- Assist with budget preparation and presentation and day-to-day budget control, forecasting, office and staff administration, monthly financial and non-financial reporting including traffic, occupancy and other various reports;
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure that all contractors meet obligations and perform as per contracts and codes;
- Work with the Marketing Director and Specialty Leasing Manager on various programs and events;
- Ensure lease obligations are met and maximize customer service by quickly, correctly and effectively handling all tenant service requests in conjunction with the Operations Manager;
- Manage 4 directly reporting employees including the Guest Services Supervisor;
- In cooperation with Marketing, oversee the Guest Services operations;
- Act as a liaison between all inter-office departments and personnel.
- Three to five years of industry related experience;
- University Degree is required; Business major is preferred;
- CSM, RPA, or CPM an asset;
- Must have excellent communication skills, and strong financial and managerial skills;
- Strong people management and leadership skills;
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels;
- Strong computer (Word, Excel) and creative problem-solving skills are also required, along with the ability to multi-task and effectively organize and balance multiple priorities.
*Available to be transferred to other properties of Ivanhoe Cambridge, as this is a training and growth position.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.