Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
Position type: Salaried
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Deerfoot Meadows
Position type: Salaried
The Operations Supervisor's primary responsibility will be to provide assistance and support to the centre’s Property Manager in the day to day operations of the shopping centre. The Operations Supervisor will provide day to day leadership to the site BST staff and supervise all site 3rd party contractors and maximize contractor performance.
- Assist with the preparation and control of the centre operations budgets;
- Supervise the BST staff and all site operations contractors, including maintenance, HVAC, Security, landscaping, Snow Removal, etc.;
- Assist with the preparation of Operations department reports;
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance throughout the site Including all common areas and common land;
- Maintain purchase order system and initiate purchases and work orders;
- Assist and support the Centre GM or Property manager with tenant relations and optimizing customer service;
- Assist with the follow up on tenant complaints and special requests;
- Collaborate with tenant coordinator and coordinate tenant construction activities on site;
- Assist Specialty Leasing with the coordination of Specialty Leasing events taking place on the site;
- Maintain daily communication with the centre administration staff for operations activities;
- Respond to emergency calls as required.
- Diploma of collegial studies in Building System Engineering Technology or relevant experience;
- Knowledge of general maintenance and of building systems;
- Minimum four to five years practical, hands-on experience and working knowledge in the maintenance/mechanical field;
- Good working knowledge of various automated building management systems;
- Well rounded background and working knowledge of heating, boilers, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems, must know the importance of ‘going green’ and searching for ways to be more efficient;
- Capacity to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings;
- Computer skills required (MS Office suite);
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems would be an asset;
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and experience working with the public;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Service oriented and team player;
- Available to be transferred to other Ivanhoe Cambridge Properties.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5bfdc0b536dbdb053ce632e0/56460e2812497d1039d5511c/en