- Artis REIT
- Suite 2000, 415 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M5B 2E7
- Job Category
- Acquisition - Leasing - Brokerage, Analyst - Research - Asset, Mortgage - Lending - Finance
- Job Type
We are searching for a Leasing Manager – expert negotiator, collaborative communicator, and analytical decision-maker to join our team in Toronto.
Why work for us?
You get to challenge yourself daily with interesting work with a Top Employer.
We invest in our people, assets, and our community.
Work alongside an experienced team with opportunities to learn and develop your career.
Be recognized for your talent and contributions with a solid total compensation package.
You’ll fit in great if you:
Deliver top-notch customer service as an excellent communicator and outgoing people-person;
Thrive in a tight-deadline and multitasking atmosphere while staying organized; and
Enjoy analyzing the market to capitalize on competitive leasing strategies.
Reporting to the Vice-President - Asset Management - Eastern Region, the successful candidate will be responsible for leasing activities in the mixed commercial Toronto portfolio. Key responsibilities include:
- Track pending lease expiries, option renewal notice periods and initiate renewal negotiations.
- Orchestrate the leasing of vacant space through direct negotiations with tenants and coordinating the activities of third-party leasing brokers.
- Ensure all vacant space is market-ready by working with the property managers to ensure properties are shown to their best advantage.
- Monitor competitive leasing transactions and maintain up-to-date data on market rental rates, tenant inducements, sizes of available competitive vacancies, parking ratios and additional rent charges.
- Summarize proposed transactions and recommend terms for new and renewal leasing.
- Create, analyze and negotiate Letters of Intent, Offers to Lease, Leasing Proposals and similar documents and manage the negotiations to culmination.
- Negotiate and recommend amendments to standard lease documents.
- Compile monthly leasing reports to measure performance.
- Attend industry functions such as educational seminars, market forums, and continuing education courses to further real estate knowledge and networking opportunities
- Valid Real Estate Salesperson’s license.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial real estate leasing.
- Achievement/pursuit of FRICS, CFA, or PGCV considered a strong asset
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Clear understanding of concepts and legal matter in a commercial real estate lease.
- Working knowledge of leasehold construction and pricing of landlord and tenant work.
Forward your resume in confidence with a cover letter outlining your salary expectations to the attention of Jayelle Morris using the application form.
Artis REIT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
More search results
Coordinator, Facility Management
Defence Construction Canada
Program Manager, Maintenance
The Regional Municipality of York
Legal Assistant, Real Estate
Loblaw Companies Limited
Bilingual Associate, Real Estate Finance Division
Real Estate Legal Assistant
Accountivity & Mier Recruitment