Program Manager, Maintenance
Program Manager, Maintenance #23982
DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Housing Services Branch
Salary: $100,633 to $114,288 annually
LOCATION: 1091 Gorham Street, Newmarket
STATUS: Regular Full-Time
This is a Replacement Non-Union position
Reporting to the Manager, Operations Housing York Inc., is responsible for managing the staff and development, implementation and quality assurance for Housing York’s maintenance programs, including preventative maintenance planning and building automation system optimization, life safety system compliance, procurement and contract administration, building system regulatory compliance and inventory control; developing solutions to track building performance and assess and address premature building component failures; recommending building system performance metrics and managing related data gathering processes; co-ordinating Housing Operations’ input to new developments and capital projects, and communicating the operational impacts of building design and component selection.
- Monitors asset tracking and computerized maintenance systems to track maintenance requirements and building component performance.
- Ensures efficient operation of specialized systems, including building automation technology, septic, and well water systems.
- Ensures preventative maintenance systems are updated to incorporate new buildings and to reflect evolving regulatory requirements.
- Procures maintenance, operations and supply contracts in accordance with Housing York’s purchasing by-law and Regional requirements.
- Manages contracts, including scheduling of work, contract compliance monitoring and notification to contractors in breach of their obligations.
- Informs development of and manages budget for operational contracts.
- Assists the Manager in developing annual business/work plans and in developing service plans and staffing proposals.
- Provides input into budget and business plan development.
- Identifies emerging building requirements and issues and recommends solutions to senior management, implements process improvements and coordinates special projects including minor capital projects.
- Recommends and tracks performance metrics and prepares management reports recommending improvements, as appropriate.
- With input from the Region’s health and safety team, maintains safety training program, and tracking of staff participation for direct reports and building superintendents, including a building orientation program for new maintenance staff, ensuring mandatory training requirements are met.
- Supervises staff, including recruitment, selection, hiring, scheduling, assigning and monitoring work, determining training and development needs, coaching and mentoring, conducting performance appraisals and determining/recommending disciplinary action up to and including dismissal in accordance with collective agreements, Regional policies and practices.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology or Facility Management or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in property management or asset management software systems with responsibilities for building systems and related operations, coupled with demonstrated contemporary staff supervisory or formal leadership experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of building systems and related preventative maintenance requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in procurement and contract management.
Please apply here by August 19, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.