Manager, Security & Life Safety
- Ivanhoe Cambridge
- Job Category
- Facilities Management
- Job Type
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Position type : Salaried
The Manager, Security & Life Safety will be based in Toronto and report directly to the Director, Security & Life Safety. The manager will directly support the Director in the development, implementation, administration and compliance related to the various Ivanhoé Cambridge Security, Fire Prevention and Occupational Health & Safety programs across Canada.
Main duties include:
- Oversee and provide support for all aspects of the related programs across assigned Ivanhoé Cambridge properties within Ontario; a back up to their peers, provide support across the country as needed on occasion;
- Engage in Security Risk Assessments to monitor threats / hazards likely to affect assigned properties and support implementation of related solutions; making every reasonable effort to support the mitigation of overall related Risk;
- O versee compliance to related nation al standards and guidelines;
- Ensure regional oversight of Security Operating Procedures (SOP), Crisis Management & Incident Response Guidelines, as well as Occupational Health & Safety Policies, Procedures and Practices (OHS) at the property level;
- Attend assigned properties and work with the General Managers and onsite teams;
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in setting related regional and property goals; combined with strong support to ensure those objectives are achieved;
- Develop high quality security programs, emergency preparedness and facility safety at all assigned properties.
- 7 years of relevant security management experience, with evidence of managerial authority;
- A strategic thinker; able to understand the interrelationships between the related program components and risk effects upon the respective properties including regional and country-wide impacts;
- Familiar with the concepts and practices of ‘’Enterprise Security Risk Management’’ (ESRM)’’;
- Knowledge of procedures and practices including: Security Operations; Emergency Incident Management; Standing Orders / Post Orders; Occupational Health & Safety; Fire Prevention and Response;
- Strong understanding of and familiar with the concepts related to the convergence of physical security and cyber security issues;
- Ability to understand the objectives of the property management business sector and their interrelationship with the related security, fire prevention and occupational health & safety programs in particular;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French, confident in making presentations and speaking in public;
- Ability to influence property / regional management, including abilities to motivate, coach, mentor, delegate and empower effectively within a dynamic team;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Strength in statistical analysis, identification of trends, matching information to issues and relevant reporting;
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills;
- Tact and diplomacy in dealings at all levels of the organization – and consistently transparent in providing facts and information for accurate decision-making;
- Confident ability to support the property in emergency situations so as to assure the security and safety of all persons concerned and to mitigate damage to the property;
- Experience with managing contracts related to security personnel, security systems and fire prevention systems; including knowledge of RFP and RFI processes;
- Understanding of financial statements and budgeting process working knowledge of related technologies including CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm, Intrusion and other related systems;
- Knowledge of applicable federal, provincial and municipal legislation and regulations in the area of security, fire and occupational health & safety;
- Sound knowledge and ability in identifying threats, hazards and assessing related Risks related to the business.
- University Degree in a related discipline is preferred;
- An ASIS Board Certified designation, Certified Protection Professional (CPP) ® is preferred – or an equivalent designation related to the disciplines of the position.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.