Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
Position type: Salaried
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers.
For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Woodgrove Centre
Position type: Salaried
The primary responsibilities of this role are to collaborate with the Director, Strategic Marketing to develop and implement the annual Strategic Marketing Plan and implement national, multi-centre and digital initiatives developed by National Marketing. Shopping centre marketing efforts should be designed to continually deliver a distinctive experience that exceeds our customers' expectations and will demonstrate measurable results that will ultimately contribute to the achievement of the property's business objectives while holding integrity of the company's marketing vision.
- Collaborate with Director, Strategic Marketing to design and implement the strategic annual Marketing Plan and budget for the property;
- Work with the Director, Strategic Marketing to develop local marketing initiatives and activities that are relevant to shoppers and drive traffic, dwell time, sales and market share;
- In conjunction with the Director, Strategic Marketing, develop, manage and track the annual marketing budget for the property, including projecting Promotion Fund, Media Fund, and landlord's contribution.
- Working with the Director, Strategic Marketing, implement the shopping centre's service standards and promise to ensure consistent delivery of exceptional experience;
- Evaluate and monitor service processes at every opportunity from the customer's perspective;
- Constantly strive to improve and build upon the centre's brand experience.
- In collaboration with the Market Research Department, Director, Strategic Marketing and General Manager, co-ordinate and manage all research projects, both quantitative and qualitative, while working within budget guidelines.
Special Events, Promotions and Advertising
- Ensure marketing activities align with the brand strategy of the property;
- Identify and execute opportunities for cost saving/efficiencies;
- Organize a communication platform to promote key events and special promotions;
- Capitalize on timely trends and current culture through community initiatives and promotions;
- Work with the Specialty Leasing Manager to successfully execute sponsorship programmes and identify possible revenue generating opportunities through sponsorship of local events.
- Work with Digital team to improve reach and engagement via the website, mobile, social media as well as earned and owned media;
- Support the introduction of new digital products such as the Website and Mobile App, notably by providing relevant content at launch and on an ongoing basis;
- Review digital analytics to provide input on effectiveness of campaigns and online media mix;
- Locally support the delivery of the social media strategy and campaigns (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Ensure adherence to corporate guidelines in social media, analytics, digital marketing programs, privacy and data management.
Retailer and Community Relations
- In collaboration with the Guest Services team, liaise with all community organizations including schools, charities, sports clubs, chambers of commerce and local government;
- Manage Not-For-Profit Program and respond to all donation requests;
- Integrate non-profit utilization and events in the centre and help raise funds for community non-profit organizations;
- Prepare management team for all media and event opportunities to further shopping centre goals;
- Offer marketing expertise and assist retailers to help maximize their sales;
- Host regular meetings and maintain regular communication with the retailers.
- Leverage opportunities for community relations and fundraising through the on-going support of key local events, charities and business groups in order to maintain visibility of the property, and to promote the centre as a good corporate citizen;
- Coordinate and maintain communications with the centre’s PR agency;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with media representatives;
- Develop, execute and supervise a variety of communications and public relations efforts such as writing press releases, media relations’ materials, speeches and presentations, and internal and external newsletters;
- Coordinate media events, as required, along with review and approval of the respective Ivanhoe Cambridge’s communications department personnel;
- Maintain a positive organizational image with tenants by establishing effective business relationships on a local level to maximize sale productivity and event participation.
- Monitor and control the annual budgeted revenue and expenses for the Promotion Fund under the guidelines established by Ivanhoe Cambridge;
- Regularly review all marketing related items and events with the Director, Strategic Marketing;
- Working with the retailer leases, project annual Marketing Fund revenues;
- Work with the General Manager and Accounts Administrator to monitor monthly income obtained from Rent Roll collection of Marketing Funds;
- Utilize a budget control sheet and purchase order systems to track, approve quotations and process invoices for Marketing Fund expenses.
- Maintain promotion, public relations, customer experience and research files that are current and organized and ensure event analyses are completed regularly;
- Work with General Manager and Leasing to provide input into the property mix that is in keeping with the strategic property vision and brand, and identify opportunities to promote new store openings;
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of retailer sales performance, category analysis, percentage rent analysis, retail trends, developments in trade area and economic factors that impact property performance;
- Oversee all marketing aspects of the gift card program at the property level;
- Work with the Operations Manager and third-party contractors to ensure the seamless execution of all programs that pertain to Marketing;
- Remain alert to developments in the shopping centre industry and monitor competitor changes;
- Provide support for other projects and tasks as requested.
- University degree preferred however a combination of education and related industry experience will be considered;
- Five years of previous experience in marketing, preferably in a service-oriented industry;
- High level of creativity and proficient in identifying and acting on opportunities;
- Strong commitment to customer service;
- Ability to identify new opportunities to generate new customer experiences;
- Well-developed business acumen and ability to see the bigger picture;
- Strong attention to detail and well organized;
- Strong project and time management skills;
- Good understanding of financial statements and accounting principles;
- Excellent communication and proven presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude;
- Aptitude to embrace change and welcome new approaches in an exceedingly evolving, fast-paced environment;
- Pays attention to the ongoing development of his/her own marketing and shopping centre industry skills;
- Due to the nature of the business and extended operating hours, the Marketing Manager must be flexible and available to work after hours and weekends as required.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5d701aa1b1e40405ae16905d/56460e2812497d1039d5511c/en
More search results
Manager, Security & Life Safety
Real Estate Broker
Real Estate Broker
Real Estate Broker
Real Estate Broker